*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948100-December-24-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#948100 added December 24, 2018 at 7:04am
Restrictions: None
December 24, 2018
"December 24, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformAn image for a blog that I hope will take root.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. Prompt: What is your favorite hymn?

I guess maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to Christian music because I prefer the old hymns. I have no particular favorite but am especially fond of "Near the Cross", "The Old Rugged Cross", "In the Garden", "Just As I Am", "Victory in Jesus", and "Amazing Grace". The old hymns just seem more traditional to me and they have ten times the doctrine of contemporary Christian music. Contemporary Christian music to me seems to be more about feeling good and entertainment value. It is okay for concert music but I don't care for it as worship music. God tells us in Hebrews 11: 6 that without faith it is impossible to please Him. Contemporary Christian music is often about looking for a sign from God, which is the opposite of faith. Hebrews 11: 1 tells us that faith is believing in God even though you cannot prove His existence. Proof of God's existence would negate faith and nobody could be saved at that point. The old hymns did not beg God for signs. Instead they worshiped God. I prefer worship! Unfortunately most churches these days go with the contemporary stuff because most preachers cater to the youth. Many preachers are young themselves and have grown up listening to contemporary gospel. Our corps commander at the Salvation Army is young so she plays mainly the contemporary stuff. Even the old Christmas carols are being done in contemporary style. I guess times change though.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: December 24 is National Chocolate Day and Nation Eggnog Day. Use one or both of these foods as your inspiration."

I love chocolate and I've found that I like eggnog as well. My mom would not buy eggnog when I was a child because she didn't like it and assumed that us kids would not like it either. So she didn't buy it and wouldn't even let us try it. However I eventually did try it and found that I loved it. Chocolate on the other hand is something I discovered early in life, though I ate little of it as a youngster. I remember going to my aunt's house once and having German chocolate cake. She got to the point where she would make it only if she knew I was coming over because she knew I loved it. Chocolate didn't agree with me a whole lot when I was young though. Chocolate is energy for anybody and it made me very hyper so my mom wouldn't let me eat much of it. My aunt though would always make sure I had all the German chocolate cake I wanted, much to Mom's chagrin!

Blog City image small "Prompt: If you could create a holiday tradition of your own, what would it be like? What would it celebrate? { /c}"

My holiday tradition would be to not celebrate Christmas! I believe the birth, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ should be celebrated every day in every life, not just once or twice a year. So I would eliminate the hypocrisy and false good will that prevails this time of year and not celebrate the holidays at all!
Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018


© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948100-December-24-2018