*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948437-Jane-Austens-Quote-On-Courage
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#948437 added December 30, 2018 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Jane Austen's Quote On Courage
Prompt: My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me. Jane Austen

I have had to have courage dealing with things at work and people trying to intimidate me whether they were patients I took care of, people I worked with or people in general. I try to be nice and do the right thing. I would only take so much and say what was on my mind and defend myself. I would follow rules but enough was enough. I tried to be nice, honest and things weren't easy. Families can be intimidating. My Dad's family I wouldn't put up with. My husband's family I just stayed away from but things are better now.

I am retired. I go to Church and Bible Study, am more religious and I do better with people. I am glad. I won't anyone push all my buttons. I feel I have a right to defend myself and not be intimidated. I still need courage to get through things. The Lord is with me on this. Courage and strength. We do need them. I can over come intimidation.

A picture I drew of Elizabeth Bennet from "Pride and Prejudice"
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948437-Jane-Austens-Quote-On-Courage