*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948534-Endings-and-Beginnings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#948534 added December 31, 2018 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Endings and Beginnings
Kamal (Perfection), 1 Sharaf (Honor) 175 B.E. - Monday, December 31, 2018
Feast of Sharaf

"Make ye an effort in every meeting that the Lord's Supper may become realized and the heavenly food descend. This heavenly food is knowledge, understanding, faith, assurance, love, affinity, kindness, purity of purpose, attraction of hearts and the union of souls. It was this manner of the Lord's Supper which descended from the heavenly kingdom in the day of Christ. When the meeting is conducted after this manner, then 'Abdu'l-Baha also is present in heart and soul, though His body may not be with you."
'Abdu'l-Baha1

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2234
Write about endings and/or beginnings.

Endings and Beginnings

Endings and beginnings pass through the same door. One exits while the other enters. In the journey of life, when one phase of life or road ends than another begins. Sometimes it is difficult for an individual to discern the difference between an end and a beginning, because of the hustle and bustle going on around the event that either ends or begins a new phase of existence. At other times the demarcation line is so obvious that the individual feels as if they are falling into an abyss.


Today, December 31, is both an ending and a beginning. It is the last day of 2018, but it is the first day of the month of Sharaf. Today is the Feast Day of Sharaf 175 B.E. The English translation for Sharaf is Honor, which is one of the attributes of God. The Baha'i day is a solar day, which is a twenty-four hour period between sunset of one day and sunset of the next. The first day of Sharaf begin at sunset on December 30, and will end at sunset today, December 31. All across the planet, at sometime during this twenty-four hour period Baha'i communities will celebrate the Feast of Honor (Sharaf), which is one of the nineteen-day Feasts or the Lord's Suppers.



Footnotes
1  Baha'i World Faith, Page 408.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948534-Endings-and-Beginnings