*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948605-Clarificiation
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#948605 added January 1, 2019 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
Clarificiation
On this first day of new year, I wish to report that things are looking clearer.

Explain? Certainly. Yesterday, New Years' Eve, I took Dad down to the eye clinic for his monthly injections. It was a very unpleasant day...foggy, with the kind of fine misty rain that necessitates windshield wipers on their lowest setting...and all the while, they're making an irritating scraping noise.

But what interested me was the fog...though forecast to be gone by mid-morning, it never went away at all. All the way to Forsyth County, and all the way back home, and all the rest of the day the fog remained, caressing everything in its drippy grasp. I rather like fog as long as I don't have to be out in it, especially driving at night. I always find myself thinking of classic weird fiction on foggy days...and yesterday was one for the books. I can't recall the last time I've seen it hang around all day like that.

Today is at least starting out a little differently...the fog has cleared, and I can see a gold-peach tint to the clouds as the sun rises. More rain is forecast for today so I'm not sure how much sunshine we'll get. What I do know is this is my last day off before returning to work, and I should make the most of it. The clarification in the weather should be a clarification for my mind as well. There are many stories, at leas one non-fiction project, and at least one WDC writing contest waiting for me. I'm going to try to start by clearing this desk of mine. It seems a good way to start off the new year!

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948605-Clarificiation