*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948644-Solve-Your-Resolution
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#948644 added January 1, 2019 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
Solve Your Resolution
signature dancing owl


What is your opinion of New Year’s Resolutions? Do you make them? Do you keep them?


Quote:“Just because the dates change, does not mean you have to change. The continuous path towards self-improvement is a timeless process.”
― Brittany Burgunder



Personally, I don't worry about New Year's Resolutions as a way to attempt to stick to a motivation. Although, I think it can be a way to set yourself on a path to a new learning experience. I love to learn new information or achieve a new physical skill.

Throughout any given piece of a year I might attempt to learn something new. One year I was into dancing steps so I learned some hip hop, ballet, and other steps. I don't use the steps much but, it led me to yoga which I use a lot.

I learned to crochet about 40 years ago. Last year, I tore an older afghan apart built some new motifs for it, and then went to the app store on my kindle to get a"stitch counter" app and a " How to crochet" app which taught me a new stitch about putting together the old and new motifs into a bigger and better afghan.

I also have the failures I can remember. I started on a path twice so far to learn Spanish. Each time I get started I progress. The last time I tried, I learned more about how to learn a language, than actually learning Spanish. I also learned, that one of the draw backs to completing language learning is, if you are isolated and don't have a partner to speak the language with, it"s a bit intimidating.

From a psychological and sociological point of view, tiredness and stress can interfere with completing resolutions. Posting your resolution in a place where you remind yourself of the goal may help keep you moving toward achievement. Or, setting an alarm to go off at a special time may force the achievement to move forward. Rewarding yourself with a good feeling every-time you complete a lesson, or read a page in that book, or try a new recipe even if it flopped, will move you toward the goal. Be goal oriented. Repeat like the "The Little Train That Could" I can do it.

If you fail, it really isn't a failure. You tried. Try again. Approach the goal from a different type of emotion. Try again.

Writing is especially a place that needs experience of all kinds in order to write items that will be found informative or entertaining to readers. One of the items a writer looks at is the audience they are trying to please. What does that audience look for as they decide to read an article?

Actors often go out and work a job that they are going to play on stage or in a film. Experience is important.

Research is important. Research the subject, that is about your resolution. Research will help you stick to your resolution because you will know more about the subject, whatever it is: quit smoking, dieting, yoga, mindfulness, research makes the journey smoother.

I think, if you set a resolution and stick to it even if it begins to seem irrelevant, you may not reap the rewards of the new learning experience at once. However, down the road of life, when you are stuffed full of knowledge, you may be dancing with happiness that some of those goals you set worked.

references:


https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/new-years-...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/01/heres-how-to-crack-your-ne...

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/new-year-s-resolutions

Resolve to Finish Your Resolution!















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948644-Solve-Your-Resolution