*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948729-Youd-Look-Sweet-Upon-the-Seat-of-a-Bicycle-Built-for-Two
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#948729 added January 2, 2019 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
You'd Look Sweet Upon the Seat of a Bicycle Built for Two
I’m 24 today! Write about your most memorable birthday. My favorite entry (or entries ) today will receive a Birthday MB!

Quotes:
"The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine." ~ John Howard
"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." ~ Albert Einstein in reference to the Theory of Relativity.

Red Dragon


My dad gave me a brand new Schwinn bicycle for my birthday, when I was a child. I spent my days riding it up and down the road in front of our house for years. It was my imaginary horse before horses came into my life. How old was I? Maybe I was 8 to 10 years old. I don’t really remember. I was still riding it when I was a teenager. I always took care of it and appreciated it. I had to stop riding it when one of my cousins removed the wheels and sold them. Today I ride a Walmart special, that K bought for me.

The Schwinn Company was founded in 1895 by Ignaz Schwinn with Adolph Arnold as his financial backer. The company still makes quality bikes with innovative designs. You can find the companies website online. The Company began in Chicago, Illinois and now is known all over the world. Although, the price of a Schwinn is high the bikes are known for their long lives. On the web Schwinn calls itself America’s most famous bicycle brand. When the company was first formed bikes were the rage. They caused a lot of changes in the country. Women's clothing was modified so they could ride bikes comfortably.

Because I remembered, I went out and bought Schwinn bicycles for my three sons, in the 1980's. I still have one of them in my barn (son’s bicycle) and I rode it for awhile. Schwinn bicycles are the best. They were made with real metals that don’t rust. I don't know if they still are or not. The brand name must count.

Automobiles came along and then the bicycle took a backseat to the Ford. But, even today, you never forget your first bicycle.

References:
https://theargonauts.com/bicycle-quotes/
www. schwinnbikes.com

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948729-Youd-Look-Sweet-Upon-the-Seat-of-a-Bicycle-Built-for-Two