*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948935-The-Nightingale-and-The-Dove
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#948935 added January 5, 2019 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Nightingale and The Dove
Jalál (Glory), 6 Sharaf (Honor) 175 B.E. - Saturday, January 5, 2019

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

DAY 2239 Prompt: January 5 is National Bird Day. Do you have a favorite bird? If so, what is it? Why is it your favorite? If you don't have a favorite bird, tell us about the birds in your area of the country or world.

The Nightingale and The Dove

I have two favorite birds, the nightingale and the dove because they are spiritual symbols. In the Old Testament, His Holiness Noah released a white dove to determine if the floodwaters had subsided. In the New Testament, a white dove--symbolizing the descent of the Holy Spirit--descended from heaven when John the Baptist baptized His Holiness Jesus Christ. Nightingales were in the Najibiyyih Garden1 in Baghad, in the spring of 1863, when His Holiness Baha'u'llah declared His mission to His family and followers. In some of His Tables and revealed works, Baha'u'llah refers to both the Nightingale and the Dove.


I bear witness that thou hast hearkened unto the melody of God and His sweet accents, inclined thine ear to the cooing of the Dove of divine Revelation and hast heard the Nightingale of fidelity pouring forth its notes upon the Branch of Glory: Verily there is none other God but Me, the Incomparable, the All-Informed.
Baha'u'llah2

Footnotes
1  Garden of Ridvan (Paradise),
2  Tablets of Baha'u'llah, 17. Excerpts from Other Tablets, "O Thou who bearest My Name, Júd1 [Bounty]! Upon..."


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948935-The-Nightingale-and-The-Dove