*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948949-You-Cant-Beat-the-Information-Age
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#948949 added January 5, 2019 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
You Can't Beat the Information Age
Write about a time you learned something new. Use and highlight at least 3 words in your entry that are not part of your normal vocabulary and provide your readers with definitions for those words.


signature dancing owl

“Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”




For me, this is not a piddling (means insignificant or small) request. Which, time should I write about? I learn something new every month.

Years ago, I took one semester of Spanish in a college class. It was a discouraging class. We had to use a lab with ear phones. It was before Logitech. There were large speaker type machines attached to the earphones and everything that came out was garbled. After a few days of labs the teacher asked the whole class how many were having trouble understanding the sounds coming from the ear phones every hand went up. It never did get straight.

When I bought my first Kindle Fire I found Duolingo. Duolingo is an app that helps you learn languages for free. For me it was bane (this means annoying or able to cause you trouble). Because, while I still like and use this website it often could not pick up my voice from my head set. Other students had trouble they reported as well. On the other hand, I learned a lot of Spanish words on Duolingo simply, because of the rote memory lessons so, it is not a loss.

I also found and downloaded a group of language lessons for Spanish on the web that are in my music library. I use them to learn how to learn a language. The lessons explain how to add endings to words and pronounce words that become Spanish from the English version of the word. It was a fortuitous (fortuitous means random, by accident) find. I don't speak Spanish but, *Laugh* I can now read the Spanish directions that come with any new appliance or other purchase.

Quote:
“ Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.” – ..

I will continue to study Spanish and how to learn languages. Everything I do is on a low budget and I'm not against the real meaning of the word free. Now, I have the app "Drop" on my phone. I found it on Google. It is a fun and interesting way to study language.

references:
www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2017/dance-quotes/
https://www.ef.com/wwen/.../language/17-language-quotes-to-turbocharge-your-lear...


© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948949-You-Cant-Beat-the-Information-Age