*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949007-30-Day-Blogging-Challenge---Newsworthy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#949007 added January 6, 2019 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Newsworthy
It might go without saying that I have a high stress but overall boring life. So finding a single event in a year that's newsworthy is... well, not really possible. And 2018 was a horrible, horrendous, awful year for our family. The bottom dropped out of our life and we've been trying to rebuild ever since. Here's a brief chronology of events:

January 2018 - Admit my 10 year old daughter for mental health treatment for over 30 days.

February 2018 - Husband left his job to take care of kids full time. Libby came home. I was promoted at work into a position with three times as much responsibility and no increase in pay.

March 2018 - Husband begins having some health issues that continue the rest of the year.

April - August - I worked two jobs - Paralegal and Realtor to make money to replace husband's income. I earned about $30,000 in commissions. I was briefly seen in the ER for a severe UTI.

September - Husband's health deteriorates further and we begin to suspect Multiple Sclerosis. He begins using a cane and has trouble walking. Daughter is admitted again for a nearly 90 day stay as they struggle to get her psychosis under control.

October - Husband is admitted for mental health treatment due to suicidal desires, stays almost 10 days. Son is admitted for mental health treatment, gets kicked out of multiple programs. I lose my Paralegal job due to the constant medical crises.

November - Son is admitted to residential treatment for mental health treatment due to self harming and suicidal ideation. His treatment lasts until the end of the year when he's released on 12/31.

December - I begin working on a four book nonfiction series about my daughter's mental health journey.

I cannot think of a single positive thing in the whole year that's newsworthy. We thought the promotion would be a good thing but it turned into a nightmare as I was forced to manage an office plus handled 100 cases. Combined with the personal life issues, it just wasn't even tenable. It wasn't even realistic. And when I had to beg for a raise to compensate me for my new responsibilities, I began to really resent the job and the firm. I don't like being taken advantage of and I absolutely was being. They knew my husband was no longer employed and we needed the money, thus using that against me. It was awful. Of course, now I'm unemployed and broke which is awful in its own way. We're still trying to find a solution and have been for two months.

I guess the only newsworthy aspect of the year is how horrible it was. I'm very hopeful 2019 will be better.


New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949007-30-Day-Blogging-Challenge---Newsworthy