*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949078-Home-Sweet-New-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949078 added January 7, 2019 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
Home Sweet New Home
30Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT January 6th
What was the biggest news in your life from last year?


Last year we purchased a house and made the move from a much more urban location to one I would term, "more rural". Our old home was situated on a main road on the outer edge of a small city. It was efficient when we were younger but not the place we wanted to raise our daughter. I wanted her to grown up in a neighborhood, a place she could ride her bike and play in a yard bordered by trees. After a stressful summer we finally found the right house. My daughter's room is three times as large and she has ample space to run and play outside in the back yard. This past Halloween she was able to trick or treat in her own neighborhood, walking from house to house amid a gaggle of other groups of kids doing the same. It hasn;t always been easy going, we have discovered our "recently remodeled" foreclosure, also sometimes translates to "cheaply and hastily done". We have encountered several issues we hadn't anticipated and it has been frustrating at times. Still, I know it was the right time and the right place. Besides, every new house is going to present issues and obstacles....we've learned to relax a little bit and take them one at a time.
Ultimately we are blessed and grateful to have found a beautiful home to make our own together.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949078-Home-Sweet-New-Home