*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949080-Marooned
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949080 added January 7, 2019 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Marooned
30 Day blogging Challenge
PROMPT January 7th
You and several friends are marooned on a desert island. Everyone is looking to you to lead. What are your first actions? (List at least 2 please) will award a MB for his favorite entry today.


I've spent the morning catching up on two prompts from the weekend so by the time I pull up today's, I'm feeling a little tax mentally but I want to approach this prompt methodically because that is honestly, how I would lead anyone, anywhere - most of all a deserted island. I'm going to table the fact that the success of even surviving a full day on a deserted island would depend entirely on which friends I found myself marooned with.
For the sake of the prompt, and to have at least one prompt in the last two actually delivered on time, I'm going to assume my fellow maroon-ies are those friends of the more of the kind, reasonable variety.

Having found oneself marooned on an island, I can imagine there would be all sort of ways to die from making strictly emotionally charged decisions. I think my first action would be to launch a throughout exploration of the island, the interior and coast. That would be the only way to know what kind of resources and dangers surround us. It would also be a good way to determine the best place to set up base camp, which would be my second goal. My third directive would be to delegate and assign responsibilities to each person, so each one of us is invested in our own survival. As we established a foothold, I would ease off on having an active leadership...shift focus more to the group and how each person has a lead or role in the group's decisions, moving things to a less autocratic situation. After all, I've read Lord of the Flies...who wants to hold the conch shell until someone challenges your authority and knocks you over a cliff? So that's my plan in a nutshell, get them settled, assign the roles and then back the heck down and hand over the conch.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949080-Marooned