*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949196-Privacy
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#949196 added January 8, 2019 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
Privacy
How is your online persona different from your real world persona? How much attention do you pay to your personal privacy when communicating with others online?


owl for signature use “We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory



Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm in the real world. For instance, I'm willing to discuss my blog face to face with anyone as long as they are straight forward about talking to me. Most people I know say they have friends that can tell them anything they want to know about anyone. If I really wanted to know things about someone I would ask them and tell them why I was asking.

When I worked in a donut shop in 1995 there was a lot of turnover of help. The people who did the hiring would go to employees and ask them what they knew about people who were putting in applications. This was not face to face talk with the applicant. Nepotism (the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.) for hiring is constant.

Because of this, jobs have become scarce. Once people have their friends and relatives inside of any place of employment they can make and break the employer by their actions for or against the company.

Because of this I don't have much real personal privacy. As you know, I believe the ability to get and give information over the internet is important. I believe in education of the public. Home schooling started because some people began to realize that not all students are properly educated in our public school systems. I'm speaking of the USA now.

A couple years ago a brotherhood in Europe was convicted of harassing the public in one country. When some of the members were arrested and incarcerated other members fled the country. Which country let them in according to a media account? The USA.

On the other side of the story. People have to band together to get justice in many cases. Organized people bring about good things as well as bad. It's just a matter of what the subject is and how it is being handled.

I try to live as if I'm not being watched daily and ignore the hang up telephone calls that come in on a regular basis. I'm sure if I knew as much about my neighbors as they think they know about me it would level the playing field.

I have more I could say about privacy but, we are having thunder storms and one is hitting right now. I need to post if I still can before I lose the WiFi.

Happy Trails.



Reference:
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/privacy
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=Nepotism+definition













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949196-Privacy