*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949703-Traveling-and-Dreaming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949703 added January 15, 2019 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Traveling and Dreaming...
30-Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT January 15th
Where in the world would you like to visit the most? Assume you are not worried about money in any way. While you're traveling, give me a status update on January so far. Smooth sailing, or turbulence? is prepped to reward another contestant with a MB today!


Traveling on an endless, imaginary budget is the best way to travel!

This would be a toss-up to me because I would love to travel to my husband's birth country of Turkey. I am entranced by the old world mystery of Istanbul with its impressive mosques and parks, ferry boats and the great expanse of the Bosphorus bridge.Turkey is a country with amazing biodiversity from the lush, Mediterranean fueled coast to the rugged, mountainous out lands that border Syria. The cuisine is simply wonderful from adana kabobs to dolmas and crisp baklava dripping with honey and nuts. I would love to explore, and eat my way, criss-crossing this country. I'd visit the tea houses and the baths. I'd take in the fairy houses in Goreme and the enjoy the spas of Pamukkale.

Coming in at a very, very close second would be to take one of those outrageously expensive European Viking River Cruises. I would love visiting the old world cities of Budapest or Nuremberg along the Danube or exploring the castles from the Rhine, Prague, Paris or Zurich. Cruises like this start at over two thousand dollars and that doesn't include the international airfare to get there from the US. It is a bucket-list item, an "if I ever win the lottery" caliper dream. I can't imagine the adventure it would be to cruise along these ancient rivers and get to explore these old world destinations from luxurious staterooms while enjoying 5-star service.

Who knows...maybe one day I will come into a surprise windfall of money and then I will have to choice between my two travel dreams. *BigSmile*

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com

As far as how this year is going...I'm staying on top of my blogging challenge which is a goal I set for myself and I'm feeling good about getting it done. We've got a jump on some repairs with the new house and I'm feeling almost completely settled which feels pretty great. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic about the year ahead.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949703-Traveling-and-Dreaming