*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949768-Classic-Hollywood--River-Cruises
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949768 added January 16, 2019 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
Classic Hollywood & River Cruises
Both these prompts seem designed to really make me think this am....

"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 1857 January 16, 2019
Prompt: What Hollywood classic movie remake would you like to have the leading role in?


I realize sadly that I need to see more classic movies...I'm not sure I've ever watched The African Queen or Gone with the Wind all the way through. I feel like my choices are limited to Hitchcock films and old Hollywood musicals, maybe that is not entirely a bad thing?

I think my first choice would have to be the Wizard of Oz. It is such a beloved film and Dorothy is one of those iconic characters that every girl wants to be at some point in their childhood. Even though part of me says remaking the original is something akin to sacrilege, I'd love to see how today's advances in movie-making could make this film so epic! Of course, who wouldn't want to be the plucky, young heroine? However I would have to give serious consideration to being the Witch. She's got a legion of flying monkeys at her disposal for one and I can imagine her updated version would be even more badass. Who wouldn't love the chance to play a big, bad villain once?


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2250 January 16, 2019
You've just been given a new job, you're a destination adviser aka travel agent. Where would you recommend we travel to and why? What do you think we should do that will be useful in our writing later down the road.


Hands down...I'd recommend a European Viking River Cruise. Think about all the inspiration you can find hiding among the banks of the Rhine or the Danube, taking in the medieval castle ruins and exploring old world cities like Prague and Budapest? Budapest! Just the name of that city alone sets my creative juices a-boiling with promise! Of course, I would have to work for an exclusive travel company because those trips are ridiculously expensive sadly.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949768-Classic-Hollywood--River-Cruises