*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949782-Sick-of-Being-Sick
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#949782 added January 16, 2019 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Sick of Being Sick
I have been stricken with a terrible upper respiratory illness for the last eight days. It's just a cold (no fever), but it still sucks. I spent the first week unable to function. I lost track of days, laying in bed drifting in and out of wakefulness.

It's amazing how much your body processes shut down when you're sick. I wasn't using the bathroom, didn't need to eat, all I could do was lay there and hope the misery would end. Multiple times I considered going to the ER but the idea of being ridiculed (it's happened before) and sent home kept me in bed. Without a fever there wasn't anything they could really do anyway. I really probably need(ed) fluids but decided to tough it out instead. No longer having health insurance is a big part of that as well.

So eight days later, I'm back to semi-functional and trying to get back into the swing of things but not too aggressively. Not quite the start to the year I had hoped. My 30 Day Blogging challenge is completely blown. I didn't touch a computer for a week. I'm sad to say I didn't even think about WDC for days. I missed everyone and hate that I missed so much of the month. Then at 2:30 a.m. my son spiked a 105 degree fever and I rushed him to the ER. Turns out he has early stage pneumonia. And we discovered this morning my husband has had a serious side effect from a new medication that has increased his heart rate. So we'll be stopping one of the meds that's supposed to keep him mentally stable.

So I'll be juggling a lot in the coming days as I try to continue healing, avoid catching bacterial pneumonia, as my husband tries to get back to normal, as my son works on recovering, and juggling my daughter's many health needs for her mental health. It's amazing I can get ANYTHING done some days. It's little wonder I only sleep 4 or 5 hours a night normally. Maybe I'll go take a nap. Everyone else in the house is.

New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949782-Sick-of-Being-Sick