*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949989-The-Interviews
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#949989 added January 19, 2019 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
The Interviews
I've had three different interviews in two days. The first was on Thursday evening by a journalist for the Houston Chronicle who is writing an investigative report about a local mental health facility. She found me based on my review on Google. I read some of her work and she does an amazing job covering stories similar to ours so I sent her a ton of background information as well as my Wordpress blog. I'm nervous about it but excited too and hopeful to shed some light on the serious issues within that organization. It's almost scary though, how easy it was for her to connect with me on Facebook.

My second interview was with Sprint. While I thought it went well, I'm not entirely confident I'll be getting a call. They had over 200 applicants so a lot of competition. I'm also not an obvious choice for a sales representative. I figured with unemployment being so low, especially in our area, there'd be less competition. Guess I was wrong. My husband and I discussed it and are confident it would be a great fit for me if I could get it. We'll see what happens.

Trying to find a job right now sucks and depresses me daily. It's a necessary step but don't these employers realize that their individual forms are exhausting and cause me to, in many cases, go to alternative positions? I wish there was a centralized source for submitting applications to employers. They spend so much money on these websites and yet I have to enter the same information over and over. When you're submitting 40 applications or more a day, that gets super tedious. Gone are the days when you applied to a single employer and focused on getting hired with them. Gone are the days when I can afford to wait for a rejection. Wait, was that ever a thing? Hmm.. maybe but that hasn't been possible for over a decade.

The third interview was a brief one with the social security office to turn in paperwork for Robert. We also had a therapy session for Libby. All in all it was the most productive day we've had in two weeks. Today we're working on some cleaning projects and other miscellaneous things.


New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949989-The-Interviews