*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950147-Freedom-Means-Good-Communication-Between-Neighbors
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#950147 added January 21, 2019 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Freedom Means Good Communication Between Neighbors
January 20, 2020

What event from history do you wish you could have witnessed?


owl for signature use The biggest enemy to the partnership of dressage is impatience and the human nature to dominate other creatures.
Walter Zettl
reference:https://deannacorbydressage.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/inspiring-quotes/


I would like to watch the equestrian events in a summer Olympics. So far, I have only watched short news about Equestrian events. We don't have cable. Sometimes they put short spots about Dressage on the news. For many people Dressage doesn't have enough activity to interest most people but, I like it. I can get the statistics and winners from the internet. That isn't the same as watching the competition, understanding the movements and getting to know the way the competitors work with their partners.

January 20,2020 is a catch-up blog because the storm knocked out my internet.

January 21:Today in the US is Martin Luther King Day, a federal holiday celebrating the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr., a civil rights activist best known for advancing civil rights through nonviolence and civil disobedience. In August of 1953, King delivered his famous speech “I Have a Dream” calling for civil and economic equality for all Americans and the end of racism. On this Motivational Monday, write a speech advocating for something you’re passionate about and use the phrase “I have a dream” in your entry.

I watched a TV special on Sunday on PBS. Different speeches, marches, and celebrations when Martin Luther King was alive and after his death were highlighted. I was interested to see how difficult the situation was when they were trying to initiate a Martin Luther King Day in congress. The situation has some similarities with the present fight over money to finish the present existing wall between Mexico and the USA. "I have a dream" that someday we will get better coverage of each law or congressional move in the USA.

In the respect that news coverage is aimed at a population that has been educated to a certain level, through the public school system. We should not have to go through all the psychological intimidation that is present when the news is presented to the public, about trending legislation.

Sure it is nice to know a President's ideas but I like the coverage about the way individual senators and representatives think as well. We also need to know how a specific situation lines up with how the new rule will affect parts of the public.

A majority public made it known that they wanted a special day of remembrance for the values and the man that brought them openly to the public, in his speeches and actions, Martin Luther King. When the congressional vote was counted the majority voted for Martin Luther King Day.

The public cares about a secure border because of the times we are living through. Eventually, it will become a done deal. Isn't it actually about a secure border. I liked the recent news about how different towns on the border are involved in the situation. How the people in those towns feel about the arguments. What the experience is in the towns on the border. What happens in those towns? Are they experiencing a lot of illegals? Don't we have a border patrol? What are their experiences on a daily basis. How did some thousands of people decide to move to the USA from South America?

We heard a report once in the last few days that there are more illegals coming down into the USA from Canada per year than cross the border from Mexico in a year. Is the government worried about the border between the USA and Canada? During news I sit and ask questions that are not being answered or even addressed. As an inquiring public do you ever shut off the news wanting to know more than was actually addressed in the coverage?
The End.


My day:*Wind* *Snow5* Snow is up to my waist on the walk to the barn. We are going to try to plow out tomorrow. I am already looking for spring.














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950147-Freedom-Means-Good-Communication-Between-Neighbors