*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950233-Books-Are-a-Window-to-the-World
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#950233 added January 22, 2019 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
Books Are a Window to the World
What is your preferred book reading medium? Kindle, computer screen, audiobook, or good old fashioned paper? How come?

signature dancing owl *BookStack3* “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . .
."

Computer Reading:I only read on the computer when I need to because of Facebook, writing.com. Or, writing, banking, media, research but, not just a book.

Paper books: I have a lot of reference paper books which I use as necessary. And, sometimes if i'm in hurry to read a book that isn't going to be available in eBook form from the library quickly I will take it out of the library as a regular book.

Last summer two of my favorite authors released 3 different books. In eBook form I would be about twentieth on the waiting list so I went to the library. sure enough, all three books were available. I read all three in a week and took them back.

I put my name on a waiting list for another book in eBook form. I was thirtieth for three copies and it still took 6 months for the book to be available to me from the library.

On the other hand I have two paper books that were given to me and I do want to read them but, I have so many books available to read that I haven't attempted to read them yet.

Audio books: I especially like audio books because I can listen and cook, bake, crochet or knit, clean house etc. So, far I can't afford Audiobook so I get them from the library. It takes longer to listen to an Audiobook than it does to read a book. That's the only draw back that I can see.

Kindle:I was upset when the people around here started trying to make every family have only one of anything. *Crazy* My kindle is a library. I have a Paperwhite and a Kindle Fire. Reading on a Paper White is the best. The mechanism holds 1500 books or is suppose too. I can jump back and forth between Bible History and Scripture. I am often reading three books at one time. I always have a nonfiction and sometimes two fiction stories open at a time.

My Kindle Fire has games on it that I like. So, I play some games as mind relief if I want to get away for awhile. However, I like the way I can change the color of the page according to the time of day I am reading on the Fire. Also, I am trying out a new way of turning the pages from top to bottom. It seems to turn the page faster when you scroll them up and there is less hand movement involved. I also have a lot of Bible History Apps on my fire. They have exceptional references.

And, I had another Fire that is not functioning. If I could afford it I would take Amazon up on there new offer to trade in your fires for an upgrade. I had Audubon Field Guides on it. They were spiffy. You could put in the name of the bird, tree, etc, and get pictures as well as bird calls and other neat references. I learned to hunt butterfly's at the proper time of day and then identify them in the field. *Cool*

Just last week I found a free audio book app for my phone. It has many books available. So, even though I don't read from my phone (it has a kindle app on it) I was able to download an environmental book that tells about the earth. So far it has read us lectures about how soil is made, how rock is made, and what causes wind. I am playing it at night as we go to sleep. It seems to bring a restful peace into the room and calms the pets as we all settle in for a long winter's nap. I also have a new App I bought myself for Christmas called Drops. It is a language learning app. *Cool*

I'm resting more because of the cold. I will be glad when spring comes back because my days will be longer. I will accomplish more. I cooked lasagna Saturday. It has been a couple years since we ate lasagna. We seem to be eating less because food has become boring. My afghan has one more motif to build and then I can put the trim on and it will be done. My computer corner is kind of cold in this weather so writing does not appeal, since I do most of my writing on the computer. Still, I'm meandering through some things that need to get put on paper.




See Ya! Merit Badge in Consistent
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  goals for August 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950233-Books-Are-a-Window-to-the-World