*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950421-Persistence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2180333
Recording the adventure of being an indie authour.
#950421 added January 25, 2019 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Persistence
Lying on the floor yesterday, learning how to format for a paperback (through trial and error), the flame relit. The excitement of knowing that once I've figured it out, learned how to balance text at the end of each page, where I want the chapter heading to begin on the page, etc., the next book will be so much easier, and I won't have to even think of hiring anyone to do the job.

But it takes persistence, a never surrender - never give up attitude to win. Doing my own formatting is giving me a feel for the whole process of being an Indie authour. Experiencing my book straight through the final processes is both challenging and exciting.

Sure, I wish my book was already out in paperback. It's annoying to customers who keep asking for the paperback edition. And perhaps the longer they have to wait, the greater the chance they'll decide not to buy. But I'm trying to involve them in the process, so they'll understand. So, far, I think it's working. :)

© Copyright 2019 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950421-Persistence