*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950687-Write-for-the-sheer-love-of-stories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2180333
Recording the adventure of being an indie authour.
#950687 added January 29, 2019 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
Write for the sheer love of stories
Awoke thinking about kids books. I miss the days when a kids book was just about the story. The sheer fun of slipping into a make-believe world and escape everything around me.

Now I see socialist propaganda being stuck in and it annoys the crap out of me. Let kids be kids, and let stories be simply stories. Adults need to leave their political views out. If they want to share their political views - create a blog! Write adult books. Write for magazines that fit your agenda, but leave kids alone.

I'm with Tolkien. He hated stories being used to spread propaganda. He hated stories being used for anything but the sheer enjoyment of a story. That's what he focused on, and that's why his books will live on till the end of time itself.

The same with Agatha Christie. She didn't write to spread propaganda. She wrote for the sheer enjoyment of the story. And what is she? The greatest mystery novelist of all time. Why? Because we love stories. Because we love to escape. Because we love the sheer mystery and adventure of it all.

Write for the sheer love of stories, and leave your agendas behind.

© Copyright 2019 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950687-Write-for-the-sheer-love-of-stories