*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950683-A-Snow-Day-Sort-Of
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#950683 added January 29, 2019 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
A Snow Day, Sort Of
Haven't been blogging much lately. Work and caring for Dad made their usual demands on my time, and this past weekend was dominated by NiaD (Novel in a Day), which I am proud to say I was able to take part in. I didn't find it easy and don't consider my contribution to be among my best work, but I was still able to submit my entry before the "soft" deadline Saturday afternoon.

The weekend and yesterday was dominated by hype over an approaching winter storm that was supposed to have paralyzed us today. As is often the case, things haven't quite worked out. The NWS had gone so far as to issue a Winter Storm Warning for us and after all the schools and government offices opted to close today, the library followed suit. Then as I woke up in the predawn dark this morning I could hear traffic moving on the highway. Not very much traffic because everything is shut down, but traffic nonetheless. So yeah, another case of some weather nerd getting his boxers in a bunch. Some very cold air is supposed to move in today; I'm hoping they'll be wrong about that as well.

In the meantime, I've got a free day off and the fixings for Fiesta Lime Chicken all ready to go into the slow cooker. Then maybe I'll get ambitious and clean off my desk or something. Time to make the best of this day.

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950683-A-Snow-Day-Sort-Of