*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950871-curioser-and-curiosier
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#950871 added January 31, 2019 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
curioser and curiosier
Prompt: "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." Dorothy Parker What is your take on this?

I am very rarely bored. Not because I don't have the capability, but because I spend my time doing my best not to be bored. So, I guess I agree with this quote. I find that when boredom approaches, the appropriate response is to wonder. To open a book, to do something new, to play with my nephews, to do something that means that boredom goes away and interest returns. There really is a lot in the world to wonder about. It's amazing when I think about it. How many things there is that I don't know and how many ways I can work to discover those shades of interest.

Right now, I'm off at my sister's house watching my nephews play while my niece and my sister are off at some thing. She just turned 12 on Tuesday so we came down to visit. It's just amazing to think that she's growing so fast. Her brothers are 9. 6, and 2, and I can see them growing by leaps. The two year old can already recognize some words--I don't know whether it's because he's memorized the book or because he can actually recognize the letters, but he sits and reads with us. Children are so full of curiosity--in fact, it's only when they leave it be that they learn to be bored.

© Copyright 2019 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950871-curioser-and-curiosier