*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951460-some-reflections-on-the-past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#951460 added February 7, 2019 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
some reflections on the past
What did you get in trouble for the most when you were younger?

I actually didn't get into much trouble as a child. I read a lot and got good grades and didn't do anything to self destructive. I'm the oldest of six and we're a close family. I watched my younger brother and sisters, although I did end up torturing them in the way that most older siblings end up torturing younger siblings. I still have a good relationship with all of them, so I guess even that wasn't too bad.

I liked all of my teachers, although my algebra teacher in ninth grade was upset with me that I read in her class. She really couldn't say much about that because I was still at the top of the class for the work. Another teacher told me later that he used to gauge how well his lectures were going by when I brought out my book.

I was indifferent about chores--compounded by the fact that when I was a senior in high school, I got my hair caught in a vacuum cleaner. I still don't like them.

I've been thinking about life today--mostly because it's my birthday (I'm 42) and it's a time to reflect. I've actually trod very lightly upon the earth. I rarely got in trouble or made waves. But, on the other hand, I hope I've done little things that made the world better for the people around me.

That's the hope. I wonder if I'll ever know if I succeeded.

© Copyright 2019 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951460-some-reflections-on-the-past