*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950997-Support-Groups-for-Mental-Illness--MHWA-Topic
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#950997 added February 3, 2019 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Support Groups for Mental Illness- MHWA Topic
Task 2: Research online support group(s} that deal with one or more of your issues. Have you ever used an online support group before (aside from MHWA, of course)?

For over a year now, I've been a member of Schizophrenia.com (http://www.schizophrenia.com), which deals with both family and caregivers and individuals with schizophrenia.

I'm also a member of a Facebook group called Parents of Children with Schizophrenia (you'll have to search because it's private. Or send me a message at CharityMarie and I will notify owner of request). No matter what age the victim of schizophrenia is, they're still a child to someone. My daughter has the mentality of a 6 year old almost always, despite being almost 12. She has failed to mature or progress in nearly six years as we struggle to get her treatment.

These groups have been invaluable resources to me and sources for support. I've made many friends, cried on shoulders, and shared my knowledge and given support. It's all an important part of the process of living with severe mental illness.

I'm also part of a Dyslexia, Austism, and ADHD groups on FB for both of my kids, where we share tips, resources, and experiences. For me, it's easier to use FB since I'm on there so much rather than be part of a bunch of independent groups. It also lets me connect with people long term. Sometimes we vent about life, or how stupid the special education system is and how it fails. We also share stories of success.

I don't know how I would get through without these groups. They're a vital part of my life.

New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950997-Support-Groups-for-Mental-Illness--MHWA-Topic