*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951191-New-Song
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2181814
This book contains short stories
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#951191 added December 29, 2019 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
New Song
Wyte savored the energy surging through the interstellar medium and penetrating into subspace. The energy left a familiar aftertaste on her palate: an aftertaste that aroused an ancient urge in her lions. The compulsion to breed rose from her groin to enslave her whole being. Releasing her song into subspace, Wyte set her course to intercept the source of the energy.

She sensed the presence of two males near her. To her left Jav, her escort from the Andromeda Galaxy, serenaded her. His well-known song reverberated through her mind. To her right a stranger, his unfamiliar song beckoning seductively.

***

The Light Song Phoenix pod, a group of newly associated individuals, savored the energy surging through interstellar medium and penetrating into subspace. The energy left a familiar after taste on their palates; a savor that aroused an ancient urge in their loins. The compulsion to breed rose from the groin of each individual pushing the entire flock toward the energy source. Releasing her song into subspace, Wyte, the group's leader, set the pod's course to intercept the energy.

She felt the presence of other pods, males and females racing to the source of the energy: each pair attempting to be the first to drop out of subspace. She felt the presence of other pods, males and females, speeding through subspace; each pod attempting to be the first to drop into normal space, and be the first to copulate in the energy of, what they thought, was an exploding star. Ahead in normal space an interstellar battle ragged.

Wyte sensed the presence of a male on either side of her. To her left Jav, her escort from the Milky Way Galaxy serenaded her, his familiar song reverberating through her mind. To her right, was the newest member of the pod, Triad's unfamiliar melody permeated the core of her being. She did not doubt that with him, she could create a new song that would echo throughout the cosmos.

Jav, Wyte reached out with her thoughts to her old friend, We are not compatible, find a harmonious mate.

Triad, she moved beneath the larger male, I chose you!

Author's Note:

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951191-New-Song