*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951282-February-6-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#951282 added February 6, 2019 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
February 6, 2019
"February 6, 2019 Me in my Salvation Army uniformAn image for a blog that I hope will take root.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. Prompt: "My friends do not believe every spirit, but test the spirit to see whether they are from God..." I John 4: 1.

What does it mean to test the spirits?

I believe John was referring to watching and listening closely to what was said and seeing if it lined up with the word of God. All too often the message preached does not come from God. If it is godly it will line up with the word of God. We must be critical of all messages we hear to determine whether they line up with the word. This means we must have intimate knowledge of the word.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: “People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.” Carlos Ruiz Zafón, author of The Shadow of the Wind What are your thoughts about his quote? Do you make your own life more complicated than it needs to be. Do you know other people that do? "

I think we all make our lives more complicated than they need to be. I have a screwed up computer in my brain. I add two plus two and get six. I have to depend on God to lead me because I cannot depend on my own thoughts. If my thoughts are godly I know I can trust them. If they are dark thoughts I must reject them as the thoughts of my screwed up brain. I'm a recovered drug addict. I know my brain is hard wired to do drugs. Being clean is an abnormal state for me. I have been living in this abnormal state for ten years. I will have ten years exactly on February 9. I think I can make it until then if I do today what I did yesterday, which was depend on God. Jesus Christ is my pilot. He gets me safely through.

** Image ID #1971173 Unavailable ** "Prompt: "On the TV Show "Heartland", the family members each have a brick in the fireplace that is theirs. Each new family member gets to pick out their own brick. Do you have any traditions like this in your family?"

No. My family is scattered and few of them even speak to me. They say they are busy. I no longer bother to try to have relationships with them.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951282-February-6-2019