*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951341-Midweek-Reflections-on-Complicating-Life--Family-Traditions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#951341 added February 6, 2019 at 5:24pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Complicating Life & Family Traditions
‘Idál (Justice), 19 Sulṭán (Sovereignty) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, February 6, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

DAY 2271: “People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.” Carlos Ruiz Zafón, author of The Shadow of the Wind What are your thoughts about his quote? Do you make your own life more complicated than it needs to be. Do you know other people that do?

Complicating Life

We complicate our lives in numerous ways. We complicate our lives because we overthink, obsess, and worry about things that 99.9% of the time we didn't need to worry about. We complicate our lives by looking at past ages and thinking that the people at that time had it better. We complicate our lives by, attempting, to look at future ages and believing the people will have it better. We complicate our lives by lack of gratitude for what we have. We complicate our lives by ignoring the Golden Rule of our chosen religion, and treating our fellow human beings with disdain.


At 72, I have come to realize that I was born in the twentieth century and continued to live into the twenty-first century for a reason. I have something to accomplish before my spirit ascends into the Abha Paradise. I will continue to attempt to achieve that goal, even if sometimes I'm not exactly sure what it is, for as long as I'm bless with a physical life. In the time I have left on the physical plane, I will attempt to avoid complicating my life any more than I have managed to complicate it already.

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

Day 1877: "On the TV Show "Heartland", the family members each have a brick in the fireplace that is theirs. Each new family member gets to pick out their own brick. Do you have any traditions like this in your family?

Family Traditions

I'm not big on family tradition. I don't follow many of the traditions I was taught as a child. The only family tradition I practice consistently is prayer. This tradition has changed since I declared my faith in Baha'u'llah. Now, instead of saying prayers that I compose myself, I say the prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah, The Bab, and 'Abdu'l-Baha.

I don't see anything wrong with family traditions, as long as they don't interfere with a person performing their job or their interactions with the rest of humanity. We are living in a changing world. A world with blended families, and each family has their own tradition. When families blend they need to figure out traditions that enhance the family and bring them closer together. In addition, each culture has their own traditions. When an individuals interact with one another, they need to take into account the cultural tradition of the other people involved in the interactions. We need to learn to respect the cultural traditions of other people.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951341-Midweek-Reflections-on-Complicating-Life--Family-Traditions