*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951731-Never-Forget
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#951731 added February 11, 2019 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Never Forget
Kamál (Perfection), 5 Mulk (Dominion) 175 B.E. - Monday, February 11, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

DAY 2276: Life is a hard battle anyway. If we laugh and sing a little as we fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier. I will not allow my life's light to be determined by the darkness around me. ~ Sojourner Truth Let this quote by Sojourner Truth inspire you blog entry.

This darkness shall pass
The sun of God's new day shines
Brighter with each passing hour

We cannot let the darkness surrounding us determine the brightness of our lights. We have to shine our lights on both the good and the bad that is occurring in the world today. People are dying across the planet because the mindset that caused slavery and the other atrocities of the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries were carried into the twenty-first century. That mindset was the mindset of humanity's childhood and teenage years, now--since the middle 1800s--we (humanity) have begun to move into the adulthood of the species. We have to overcome the xenophobia that marked the ages of our immaturity.

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

DAY 1882: After visiting the museum at Auschwitz, journalist Sigrid Rausing writes: “Afterward, I wanted to burn my clothes. Shower and wash my hair and brush my teeth and throw away my shoes. I wanted to get rid of every trace of Auschwitz, as though I had never been there.” https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2019/02/05/the-museum-at-auschwitz/ Can you relate to Sigrid Rausing’s feelings in relation to this or any other place you have visited? What do you think made her feel this way?

We cannot forget the atrocities of the past or the present without destroying our future. The holocaust cannot be forgotten! We have to remember by putting it in history books and in museums, because to forget is to repeat it on the same scale. We are repeating it in today, on a smaller scale in different countries, but it is still happening. People are being killed, imprisoned, and walled out because of color, religion, national origin, and numerous other labels that are intended to segregate the species of humanity into them and us.



© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951731-Never-Forget