*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951984-Ignore-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#951984 added February 14, 2019 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
Ignore Me
DAY 10

"Ignore Me"
by Betty Who




Well, this whole "randomly select stuff off my extensive current playlist" exercise seems to be showing me that my media player has a preference for dance-pop tracks. Fine with me, because this is a great song too! *Bigsmile*

I first discovered Betty Who on the soundtrack to 2015's Pitch Perfect 2. Which is actually how I find a lot of my playlist, actually... from movie and television soundtracks. "Heartbreak Dream" was the song in that movie and is honestly also still in my playlist somewhere, even almost four years later. I've since gone back and fallen in love with "Somebody Loves You" from her 2013 debut EP, and this song which was released just about a year ago. She just released another single last month, but I haven't listened to that one yet.

She cites her influences as Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, and Robyn... and honestly, I can totally see comparing her to the latter. Both Robyn and Betty Who have this kind of timeless pop sound that I could see myself going back and listening to years from now. (In fact, that's literally true of Robyn... her 1997 hit "Show Me Love" and her 2010 hit "Dancing On My Own" are still in regular rotation on my playlist.) Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus have some great songs, but I always see them more of the Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears type of artist where ten years from now you'll hear an old song of theirs and be like, "Oh yeah, I totally forgot all about that song. Man, I can't believe that was such a monster hit back then." Robyn and Betty Who are more in the vein of, "Oh yeah, I love this song and still listen to it! I can't believe it's 10 years old!"

Anyway, for upbeat dance/pop music, you really can't go wrong with Betty Who. Or Robyn. *Laugh*

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951984-Ignore-Me