*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952246
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952246 added July 19, 2023 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -K-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Keener, Harmony (junior)
Harmony Keener is very true to her name and is often the one who tries to place peacemaker if tempers flare up, particularly during the girls' JV soccer team practice. She's nice but is treated as a bit of a pushover in comparison to the more forceful personalities for the most part.

Khoury, Nour (sophomore)
Lebanese-American; her parents are immigrants but she was born in the States. Not exceedingly popular because she's the quieter, artsier sort but she's good enough as an artist that people in the sophomore class know who she is. Not a Muslim, she and her family are Maronite Catholics.

Kinyon, Tiffany (sophomore)
Tiffany, on the surface, is a nice, sweet girl but in reality is an incredibly ambitious striver. Being in the orchestra I imagine her family is probably at least comfortable money wise (most of the orchestra types strike me as being at least upper middle class) so naturally Laura and Leslie might want to get with her. She's able to play the part of the more easily cowed nice girl because it's entirely disarming and a tool she can use to get ahead. So while Laura and Leslie think they're using the easily led rich girl, Tiffany sees herself as using the equally ambitious duo to help her own position so she can move up with them. Because of her looks and her cultivated ingenue personality lots of sophomore boys have a thing for her.

Kirkham, David (senior)
A bully, but a complex one. Besides the lingering damage of middle-school persecution (he was always small for his age, and still is) he was abandoned by his father, and this exacerbates his passion for order and control into something almost neurotic. He wants discipline, order, neatness in his life, and much of his bullying stems not just from a native aggression, but an almost neurotic need to impose order on others so as to have some in his own life.

So he's a thug and a reprobate, but he is very good at some very hard classes, especially math, and beyond that there's his skill on the cello -- he's even studying with a university professor, who thinks he could have a future in music. But his plans, insofar as he has them, are to go to college, get a degree in mechanical engineering probably, and to make some serious coin in a serious business working alongside other serious people.

It's the lack of serious purpose in some people--like Will Prescott--that drives him into furies and fuels much of the anger that comes boiling out of him. But few can live up to his standards, and his need to be the alpha inclines him to be uncharitable to almost everyone. The only people at school he really likes are probably Gary Chen--whose inability to manage his drug trade Kirkham forgives out of friendship--and Justin Roth. Chen he likes because his and Chen's life-experiences and reaction to them are very similar. Roth he likes simply on account of Roth's "cool." Otherwise, he tolerates the company of Tanner Evans, George Mendoza, and Joe Thomason because they "work" for Chen (but Mendoza is the only one he has any respect for, and Thomason he can't personally stand); Joshua Call and Rich Austin he respects but doesn't like as bad-asses; and Sean Wilcox and Cody Schaefer he respects and likes because they're not full of themselves, and he sometimes plays tennis with them.

Kirkham's mom is a registered nurse who works odd hours, and Kirkham regularly picks up the slack at doing the household chores (including meals). He has a younger brother, Tad, who is in the eighth grade at Proctor Middle School.

Koch, Zoe (sophomore)
She's on the shorter side with a gymnast's body as she's been doing it since she was a kid (in fact she can be one of the underclassmen that's part of the after school gymnastics class). She constantly wears her wavy brown hair in a ponytail and her dark eyes and chipmunk cheeks give her something of a squinty look. She's more excitable and has a brighter, more outgoing personality. She's not dumb but her brain maybe acts a bit too fast to where she can't quite keep up with all her thoughts; likely has some form of ADHD (though she's not of the "bouncing off the walls" type) and can be a bit gullible as a result. She's also more open with her interest in comic books and the like.

Kramer, Andrea "Andi" (college)
Vocals and bass for the band Lady Driver. Andi was the organizer of the band, forming it after her previous band broke up.

Andi is Eurasian and living with Brendan Peebles, a genial, unpretentious, arty-intellectual English grad student (who, coming from a well-off family, has the luxury of pursuing his interests). He and Andi met after one of her old band's shows, hit it off, and have been going steady with increased seriousness ever since.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952246