*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952248
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952248 added July 18, 2023 at 7:52am
Restrictions: None
Characters: -M-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Martin, Nadine (senior; Eastman High)
Calm, androgynous lesbian who plays drums in the band Lady Steel.

Mathers, Jocelyn (junior)
Jocelyn Mathers is best friends with Charlene Braxton.

Matthews, Kieran (sophomore)
Kieran Matthews is a hemp enthusiast, and he dresses the part of a 60s/70s countercultural rebel. He is quite sincere, but his sincerity does not extend to actually using weed or embracing any of the actual aesthetics (such as music) of the era. His allegiance is purely intellectual, and the actual practice leaves him ill at ease. He can't even get a convincing look, and looks like an earnest, well-scrubbed young man who put on vintage clothing without realizing what it was or signifies. All this means that he is treated with amusement or contempt by the actual users and abusers of narcotics. But the girls really like him, because he's cute and looks daring in a very safe way.) Some of them are put off, though, by his intensity of devotion to the cult of hemp.) Fundamentally he's a geek and a nerd with a very unusual fixation.

McBride, Willa
Willa McBride is Caitlyn Smart's best friend and both have been doing gymnastics for a long time. Willa doesn't have any desire to be a cheerleader however and is focused exclusively on gymnastics. She's very, very good and works with a well known coach because she's likely going to wind up on the national team sooner rather than later.

McPherson, Zelda (sophomore)
More bohemian than athlete in appearance and attitude but she's actually a good player; though it doesn't spillover into outright hostility she inadvertently has a way of frustrating serious players like Kelly O'Brien.

Meadows, Kennedy (junior)
Kennedy is on the girls' JV soccer team. With Holly Newhart and Heather Morello she forms a trio as all three have been playing together since they were kids. She is (affectionately) nicknamed Beast because she's not only physically stronger than the others but also takes a lot of AP classes (or the Junior equivalent) so she reminds Holly of Beast from the X-Men.

Meehan, Alice (sophomore)
Is the starting center on the JV basketball team. Tall; very, very tall. In fact she stands at 6'2" pretty much dwarfing every other girl at school, even the centers on the varsity team and the taller volleyball players. Contrary to her size, she has a very feminine personality and absolutely adores anything cute. Some people make comments behind her back but quite a few boys have a thing for her both because of her friendly demeanor and the fact she's filled out since entering high school.

Miles, Christine (junior)
Dating Zion Barber. Member of the tennis team. Father is an attorney with Brampton & Wolf, attorneys at law; mother is executive assistant at Teter+Duncan, architects.

Moore, Savannah (sophomore)
Savannah and Leslie used to run together in middle school and while Leslie totally reinvented herself Savannah might still be a bit of a troublemaker. Her and Leslie aren't friends per se but they might still be on decent terms. Savannah maybe keeps trying to pull Leslie back out of her wannbe cheerleader/popular girl deal and there's maybe a small part in the back of Leslie's mind that wants to do it too.

Morales, Shannon (sophomore)
Helps Bridget Atwater run things on the JV softball team.

Morello, Heather (junior)
Heather Morello is on the JV girls soccer team. Heather Morello is the second best player on the girls' JV soccer team; she has surpassing Luz as the best as her goal but in a friendly manner. Her long-time friends are Holly Newhart, Kennedy Palmer, Timothy Hyland and Logan Goss. Holly and Logan hooked up and everybody expected Heather and Timothy to get together too but then Timothy hooked up with the snobbish Natasha to everyone's surprise so Heather's kind of heartbroken over it even if, publically, she acts otherwise.

Morrow, Paris (junior)
Paris Morrow is the twin sister of Peyton Morrow. Their father, Stephen Morrow, the big deal lawyer who's got advertisements all over the place. Her mother's a successful general practitioner.

The smarter and artsier of the two, hangs around the underground scene; more rock fashion, hair styled in an undercut and dyed a new color every few weeks. Naturally talented musician, trained in piano but can also play guitar and wants to be in a band. Lesbian in semi-denial (still insists that she's bisexual). Not as emotionally mature as she thinks and is prone to crushes that are often times quite shallow and fleeting: Cecilia is one of them right now, in the past she's had them on the Morrows' other group of friends (i.e. the Cara/Kelli/Leah trio) and countless others. Her one non-shallow crush is a heart achingly large one on Jenny Ashton; talking to Jenny is enough to make her day.

Her nose has just the tiniest bit of Roman tilt to it and Her eyes, a light brown, give you the vaguest impression of constantly questioning everything they see. It's a cute face with a bit of a boyish quality that, far from detracting, gives it just enough character. Short hair, dyed a pale seafoam and styled into in an undercut, falls loosely and just a bit over her right eye. Clothes typically include jean shorts with an intentional ratty quality to them worn over dark tights, a large dark t-shirt with an image related some band and the sleeves (and most of the sides really) cut off that drapes loosely over her torso, and a pair of black Doc Martens.

She's only a couple of gauges and tattoos away from being in one of the bands that would probably be playing at the Warehouse. That is more or less her plan. One consequent: Paris is a bit bitter towards Jody Lepley because she can't (or has no idea how to) find a band but Jody manages form one (Tiger Driver) with two juniors despite being a sophomore. So Paris sees her as just a cute (very cute...) girl who gets things due to her looks. (Parenthetically, there are reasons behind this resentment. During her own sophomore year, Paris was on the verge of forming a band with a junior, Benjamin Ewell. But he was lazy and the thing fizzled. So Paris sees Jody as succeeding where she (Paris) failed.)

As an aside, I like the idea that Paris is constantly mistaken about herself; she's not a lesbian but bisexual (even though, no, she really is 100% a lesbian). She sees herself as being opposite in personality of her sister because she's more serious about her academic work but in fact she's probably far more prone to the whims of her emotions (especially romantically which manifest themselves in fleeting attractions and crushes) in comparison to Peyton who is, in reality, the more level headed of the two.

She took her piano lessons and, realizing that she enjoyed playing music, took to learning the guitar as well. It was through that activity that she met Ian Patton and got involved with his circle of friends. Being part of the artsy crowd more focused on their poetry, paintings, music. She writes in long-hand instead of typing.

The sisters have been taking music lessons since they were younger: Peyton the viola and Paris the piano. Peyton stuck with it and went into the orchestra and should be on track for Chamber Orchestra next year. Paris formally dropped piano at some point for guitar and is good enough for the jazz band though she does still play the piano for fun.

Both should, essentially, be naturally talented musically and are able to pick things up quickly though with different goals since Paris' ultimate goal is joining or forming a band and Peyton (while sticking with the orchestra) wants to be a cheerleader.

Morrow, Peyton (junior)
Peyton Morrow is Paris's twin sister. See entry above for more information on her.

The more normal, less awkward twin. Fashionable, wears her wavy strawberry blonde hair long. Very outgoing and more popular in the junior class than her sister. Admires the cheerleaders. especially Yumi and Cindy. Best friends with Courtney Tran and Dallas Lockhart and all three of them have hopes of joining the squad together in their senior year. Unlike her sister, she's much more emotionally grounded and level headed. She'd like a serious boyfriend but her parents can be kind of strict about dating so the boy would have to be fine with keeping things on the down low. Has had a few such boyfriends in the past, isn't averse to fooling around and has likely gone all the way with one of them. She's also a very talented viola player as well and will probably have to choose between the chamber orchestra and cheerleading in her senior year.

Peyton thinks the cheerleaders like Yumi, Cindy and the Garners are very cool. She shares orchestra with Yumi and Eva but feels a little too starstruck to talk to them. Along with her sister she's good friends with Cara Fuhrman and Cara's friends though she's also close with Courtney Tran and Dallas Lockhart and the three of them intend to join the cheerleading squad together in their senior year. (Other friends include Leah Powers and Kelli TaftUnlike her sister she's trendier and more outgoing (and also wears her hair long and natural instead of short and dyed) and while not quite as smart as her sister she's still a good student and far better at navigating social situations.

She's also popular with boys and has had a number of boyfriends "unofficially" in that she never told her parents. The one time she did tell her parents about a boyfriend it didn't go over well because the Morrows still see their daughters as their "little girls". But she has a major crush on Jason Rowe, which is one of the sore spots she has against Stacy Stahl, who has landed Jason as a boyfriend. (She is also rivals with Stacy because they both plan on trying out for cheerleading their senior year.

Muskov, Catherine
Catherine Muskov is the captain and star member of the track team. Transferred to Westside from Eastman in the previous year and as such retains many connections to Eastman; this also allows her to largely keep free of most of the drama that permeates Westside. She has a rather down to earth personality and tomboyish personality which is leading to a growing popularity. However it may soon enough put her in the crosshairs of the established queen bees. Dating Michael Allen from the baseball team.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952248