*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952254
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952254 added July 4, 2021 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -S-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Santos, Isabel "Izzy" [Eastman; junior]
Part of Alex Day's group of friends. She's a social media junkie who often times films or snaps pictures of things she thinks are interesting. In fact she has an interest in photography and often does Rae's photo shoots for her social media pages. Known for her own eccentric fashion sense, notably her constantly changing hair colors (currently split between purple and black). She's a very affectionate, touchy feely sort and a shameless flirt who likes to fool around without being tied down. She's the younger sister of St. Francis Xavier student Gabriel Santos.

I believe I've sent reference photos of them in the past as well as the rest of the Eastman bohemian scene I was able to come up with (the stupid site won't allow me to attach them for some reason). Alex is tiny (probably a hair under 5'0"), Rae is a bit on the taller side (upper 5' range), Izzy's somewhere inbetween.

Schaefer, Cody
Cody is the star of the WHS boys' tennis team. He has little hope of a professional career, but he's very good. He is also taking a bunch of AP classes and looks like he's on a fast track to medical school. He is not a "member" of any of the main AP cliques, however, as he dislikes their arrogance, and he has an eclectic set of friends drawn from the orchestra and track teams. His closest friends are on the tennis team, though: Terry Colson and Sean Wilcox.

Schmidt, Carly (sophomore}
A blonde with bright blue eyes and a bright smile. She's one of the other underclassmen taking part in the after school gymnastics program. She's almost Chelsea's complete opposite, bubbly and being into positive reinforcement. But she is a total airhead.

Serrano, Laura (sophomore)
Laura Serrano doesn't like Julie Eckler.

Schwarz, Katrina
Part of the contingent of the squad that backs Hannah Westrick on the girl's soccer team. Unlike Tara Weston or Gabriela Costa who are pro-Hannah because they don't like Anita on a personal level, her support is more pragmatic: she sees Hannah as a better leader and thus a better option to keep the team winning. She shares a bond with Kelly Rinaldi as the two have been playing together since freshman year. Of all the members of the varsity team she's the one who does the most work with the JV squad usually setting aside one day a week to help them out. Because these are the players taking over when the seniors graduate she wants to know the team's in good hands so unlike, say, Tara Weston who bullies the JV players Katrina's much better regarded.

Dating Sean Wilcox after they got friendly at a party. Their relationship has been progressing very quickly and they've already hit the 3 stage..

Shannon, Harper (sophomore)
Harper Shannon is on the girls' JV soccer team as a starter. She is very bubbly, and has been taken by Holly Newhart under her wing because Holly thinks she's the most adorable thing ever.

Sherman, Lori
She's notorious around school as a social crusader but is equally notorious as a partier and consumer of club drugs. She's dating an Eastman student named Ricky Jeffries and the two of them share an intensely passionate relationship. She's also rather infamous for her rather deliberate demeanor and deadpan way of speaking.

Showalter, Deanna
Deanna Showalter is a gossip. Fair-haired and fair-skinned, one of the more personable members of the AP group. Sympathetic to Will’s plight with Lisa Yarborough though has not talked to him; sympathy is due largely to a longstanding rivalry with Lisa made worse by her dating Geoff Mansfield, the boy Deanna likes. Despite her gossip status has not used it to try and undermine the relationship, partly because she doesn’t see herself as a snake, partly because she thinks it will play itself out in due time.

Smart, Gwen (college student)
A junior at Keyserling and was head cheerleader her senior year. She and Lucy Vredenburg know each other; Gwen mentored her a bit during her senior year, when Lucy was a junior. Probably they're still casual friends to an extent as well.

Spinks, Preston
This guy makes all the other AP students look like amateurs. His first two classes are *university* classes because he's got special permission to study at the college and get high school credit. He is also a seriously talented pianist who has won national competitions. His family isn't terribly well off, though -- no country club for them -- but he dresses above his income grade. He gets along well with everyone else, though, for no one wants to be a jerk to the musical prodigy, and he's not about to cut himself off by holding himself aloof. Curiously, he and David Kirkham get along especially well, though they don't socialize at all; they recognize each other's musical talents, and respect them. Kirkham likes that Preston doesn't flaunt himself, and Preston is charmed that Kirkham can combine musical virtuosity and street-criminal thuggishness. (Chen isn't good enough musically to impress Preston, but Preston is also too smart to be less than polite to Chen.)

Stahl, Stacy (junior)
Popular girl with ambitions to be a cheerleader. Dating Jason Rowe. Friends include Leah Parrish, Rhea Ware, Abigail Sterner and Kristina Radic

Stills, Tara
Tara Stills I think is largely keeping some of the discarded backstory for "Jenny" so an intensely lonely girl because her parents aren't around much. The idea being that because of it she basically doesn't apply herself at all in school: poor grades, skips classes whenever she feels like it, probably someone who takes advantage of (likely at the insistence of a teacher) the tutoring to try and help her that she largely half-asses. Probably she hangs around with a lot of the other bullies and low lifes pretty much as an easy lay because it's at least some form of attention even if she doesn't really like him and they don't see her as anything other than someone to get their dick wet in. So I imagine a lot of behavioral issues and probably her frustrations manifest in bullying others in turn, likely underclassmen but probably some people like Melanie Saxon and others in that strata as well. I'd guess that she's probably one of Kim's "pet projects" too and Kim genuinely wants to help her but she lacks the self worth to see it as genuine so does what she can to try and push her away

Straussler, Jonathan [Eastman]
Son of Curt and Nicole Strausslers. Curt is the owner of Proteus Technologies, and is a billionaire. The Strausslers live in a castle-like mansion to the northwest of Saratoga Falls; Jonathan drives a silver Porsche sports coupe.

Jonathan wears his wealth and his privileges lightly and is a very popular kid; he would be popular even if he weren't wealthy. He is quiet-spoken but cheerful and friendly, generous in an unforced and unembarrassed way; graceful; and effortlessly likes and is liked by everyone. He is tall (he plays on the EHS basketball squad, and is very good) with limpid blue eyes and soft, blonde hair.

He is dating a freshman girl, Monique Travers.

Notes on the Straussler staff at home:

Butler: Arturo Barone; Valet: Michael Boisvert; First footman: Scott Daniels; Second footman/Security: James Willson

Housekeeper: Paula Szymanski [First cousin once removed to Mark Szymanski]
Parlour maid: Courtney Reeves; House maid: Laura Bachman; Chamber maid: Amanda Mayers; Laundry maid: Sarah Tisdale

Cook: Jean Roussel; Under cook: Elizabeth Pomeroy; Head Gardener: David Snead; Groundskeeper/Security: Charlie McGehee; Chauffeur/Security: Huojin Liu

Security chief: Egeman Tiryaki

Sweeney, Charles (sophomore)
Easygoing class clown type. Smart enough though that he's not a hopeless student, he just cares more about having a good time. As such he's able to get along with all types of people, boys and girls. The boys tend to call him Chuck while the girls largely use Charles. Much to everyone's surprised he hooked up with Julie Eckler at the beginning of the year but the two enjoy the company of one another and have fun: intimate foreplay without going all the way. Time will tell if the relationship burns out fast or ripens.
© Copyright 2021 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952254