*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952715-Day-22-Pink-Floyd---Dogs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2181860
For the Soundtrack of Your Life Challenge
#952715 added February 22, 2019 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
Day 22: Pink Floyd - Dogs
There are many quotes about not knowing where your going until you know where you've been. This was me, way back then.





Well, this is what my friends followed as a creed, and I did as well. We learned how to lie, cheat, steal, and con our way into anything. I suppose the end of the song, what eventually happens, was too far in the future to worry about. Besides, we weren't born into the pigs, and we damn sure wouldn't be sheep.

Later in life, not too much later, I realized that the song was too simplistic, and there were more than three types of "animals" out there. It would be awhile before my moral compass would swing far enough for me to change my ways. I was still always looking for an angle, what I could grift easily. But, there was no way prison life was for me, so I was smart enough not become a criminal.

Besides, it was just as easy to separate people from what I wanted without breaking the law. It's difficult to explain all of this, and maybe an example would help. But now, after years of living life 180 degrees from what I was then, giving some kind of example as to what a total prick I was is painful.


Since I'll be moving past this, I'm going to do the two-fer, and leave another song here. It's how we felt growing up, a very us versus the world situation.



© Copyright 2019 Mastiff (UN: mastiff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mastiff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952715-Day-22-Pink-Floyd---Dogs