*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952956-Day-24-Fleetwood-Mac---Go-Your-Own-Way
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2181860
For the Soundtrack of Your Life Challenge
#952956 added February 24, 2019 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
Day 24: Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
It's kind of weird that I saw it coming. It was apparent, but when s*** finally really goes down, nothing prepares you for the moment. This song is all about break ups and divorce, and never lets me forget a pretty dark time.





Sandbagged isn't used enough as a term. We'd talked before I left for a training about where our relationship was going, about our kids, and issues we had. We had left it at, 'we'll discuss more when I get home' to, I'm waiting at the terminal without a ride. A good friend, may he rest in peace, picked me up when I called him. When I got home, I knew it was over, because my gun and the deed to the house were gone. Not to mention my sons...

It's a drag to hear this song, because I've loved the album since I was young. I never figured it would horn its way into my life well after I'd seen the band and heard the music for years. It's almost tragic my favorite track is one of hope after, well, after...





If that isn't enough, I can take you back a bit. The Rumors tour came through in '77, and I missed it, but I did catch Tusk. Stevie Nicks had some many flowers and stuffed animals thrown at her that she ran back out on stage to gather more. Some roadie laughed at her. She said she just couldn't leave them out there. So, she is the third on my list of people I'd have sing to me. There is no reason to double up on bands, I'll just leave this with you.



© Copyright 2019 Mastiff (UN: mastiff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mastiff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952956-Day-24-Fleetwood-Mac---Go-Your-Own-Way