*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953911-Pondering-Why
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#953911 added March 7, 2019 at 4:26pm
Restrictions: None
Pondering Why
I've been thinking about WDC and wondering why I quit writing for awhile, and the reasons behind my decision.

I was somewhat involved on a minor scale with WDC in 2017. I was blogging at least every other day and submitting blogs to Blog City Prompt and Blogging Circle of Friends. I would review different writings and wrote a story or two myself.

In April of 2018 I had a heart attack and then had triple bypass surgery. After my initial rebound from surgery I found myself not wanting to write or participate on WDC any longer. I deleted all of my files where my writing was stored, and discontinued writing my blog. I let my membership expire and stayed away from this site. Not sure where this came from, but I couldn't make myself sit down at the computer or participate in this forum.

The strange thing is I had lots of things to write about, like my stay at the hospital, my recovery and physical therapy. I had the time but no desire!

I believe most of my problem comes from not wanting to be tied down spending a lot of time in front of the computer. I remember writing in my blog, "there's more to life than spending hours upon hours sitting in front of a computer."

To be involved requires time and participation and that allows you to meet new people and gives you the feeling of belonging. We all write for different reasons and to be able to bare your soul (maybe if you have the guts) for someone else to look and respond takes some fortitude. It's fun or can be fun if you learn to participate. Take the TIME to get involved!

I'm hoping, I can come out of my self imposed shell and begin to live and write again.

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953911-Pondering-Why