*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953955-Fantastic-Friday-Blogging-and-International-Womens-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#953955 added March 8, 2019 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
Fantastic Friday: Blogging and International Women's Day
Istiqlál (Independence), 7 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Friday, March 8, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: March 8th - Browse this inforgraphic   about blogging and share something new you learned. When did you first begin blogging and how has your blogging changed since you started?

Blogging

If my memory is serving me correctly--at 72 sometimes it works good and sometimes is doesn't work as well--I began blogging about the same time I joined WDC. I used to have two offsite blogs, however I have reduced that to one Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon  . I attempt to post a poem there, at least, three days a week. I also add a link to WDC with each post. This year, I'm trying to be more consistent with the posts and the link to WDC.


International Women's Day

"Let’s make sure women and girls can shape the policies, services and infrastructure that impact all our lives. And let’s support women and girls who are breaking down barriers to create a better world for everyone."
UN Secretary-General, António Guterres1

The theme for International Women's Day 2019 is “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change”2. We still have a long way to go before gender equality is accepted across the planet, that day is coming. It is coming because it is a part of God's plan for humanity. Women and men are the wings of civilization and civilization cannot fly on one wing, both wings have to be equal in order for the bird of civilization to get off the ground.

"Yet another of the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh is the equality of men and women and their equal sharing in all rights..."
'Abdu'l-Baha3

Gender equality will bring help bring balance to humanity and civilization. It will assist in the coming of world peace. Women have many attributes that will help bring about world peace, and gender equality will reveal these attributes to the world.

Footnotes
1  http://www.un.org/en/events/womensday/
2  http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/in-focus/international-womens-day
3  Selections from the Writings of 'Abdu'l-Baha, 202.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953955-Fantastic-Friday-Blogging-and-International-Womens-Day