*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954149-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-April-41519
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#954149 added April 18, 2019 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy Newsletter for April (4/15/19)
Editor's Picks

1. Darkside Outpost Three
2. The Sober Easter Bunny
3. Woes of the Wolpertinger
4. The Unicorn and the Hare
5. A Visit From Freddie
6.
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

Who is the Easter Bunny?

Heading 2

Is the bunny just a symbol of spring?

Hook

Where does the Easter Bunny get the eggs?

About This Newsletter

*Egg1* Happy Easter *Egg2*


Letter From the Editor

Who is the Easter Bunny? The original Easter Bunny appears to have been a hare, who accompanied the fertility goddess Eostre (known by several different similar names). While hares and rabbits are in the same family, hares are not rabbits. Hares are larger with shorter ears than rabbits. There are other physical difference which distinguishes hares from rabbit. One of those is the rabbit hind legs, and the hares tendency to thumb the ground when in danger.

Where does the Easter Bunny get the eggs? I have no idea where the Easter Bunny or the Easter Hare gets the eggs. Eggs are a symbol of new life, which may be why they are associated with Easter and spring. Since rabbits and hares are symbols of fertility and of spring, so the association between the two makes some sort of sense. No matter how much research one does, there is no consensus concerning the association of bunnies/hares and eggs with the celebration of Easter.

Does the Easter Bunny have a name? I have always thought of the Easter Bunny as Peter Cottontail, but that was because of a poem or a song I hear as a child. I think the name of the Easter Bunny is probably a decision that is best left up to the individual writer, poet, or parent who is telling a story about the Easter Bunny.

The Easter Bunny is folklore, myth, or mystery that a writer can use in either a fantasy or science fiction story. I read a lot of fantasy stories and poem about the Easter Bunny, but I do not remember reading a science fiction story about him or her. If any of my readers has a science fiction story or poem, please submit it. If you have any fantasy or folklore stories about the Easter Bunny feel free to submit them. The rating for the newsletter is 18+ lower. The deadline for my next edition of the fantasy newsletter is Friday, May 10.

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
Darkside Outpost Three - chapters 1-5  (13+)
Taking command of a space station on the outskirts of known space is a tough job!
#2160816 by Dragonbane

Excerpt: Mathew D’Avolon studied his reflection in the mirror he considered himself to be reasonably good-looking though not necessarily handsome, average height and build and a dashing figure in his black gold embroidered, earth league uniform. A Medal of Honour pinned next to his captain’s pips; awarded for his part during the Phyalain Wars. His brown well-groomed and short hair had a single streak of silver running through it. The streak had only started to appear after the Phyalain Wars. Blue eyes stared back at him from the mirror; eyes that had seen much death and destruction he hoped he would see no more like it in his lifetime. He turned brushed a speck of dust from his uniform and left his comfortable officers quarters for the last time. He knew as much as he wanted no more wars, or death he would not get his wish. His new assignment to Outpost Three in what was known as the Darkside quadrant, near the outskirts of known space a troubled part of the galaxy promised little peace for him from all he had heard.

STATIC
The Hungover Easter Bunny  (13+)
A poem about the Easter Bunny and a pink fluffy unicorn. 3rd Place winner.
#2187427 by Choconut ~ House Targaryen

Excerpt: When Bert the Easter Bunny woke, *Rabbit3*
         he shook his head, for tiny folk
         around him stood with hands on hips,
         and muttering; some doing backflips.

 
STATIC
Woes of the Wolpertinger  (13+)
Get woke, ya'll. The real story behind the Easter Bunny myth.
#2187569 by Krista of House Mormont

Excerpt: Parents lie. Most of the time the lie comes from a place of love, but it's still not the truth. Millions of children around the world have grown up believing the tale of the Easter Bunny for decades. Maybe even centuries. My goal is to spread the truth so that future generations will be able to stop the slaughter of a nearly extinct species.

 
STATIC
The Unicorn and the Hare  (13+)
A rhyming mess of a silly poem
#2187743 by Lilith of House Martell

Excerpt: In the meadow sat a unicorn
         He was sad and quite forlorn.
         Soon he was met by a bunny,
         Fluffy, pink, and looking funny.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2186976 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Beau and Jacques DuFer, twin brothers and owners of DuFer’s Roofing Company, were putting the finishing touches on Preacher Bensen’s barn when, from out of nowhere, a spaceship landed next to them. With dropped jaws and paralyzed tongues, the brothers DuFer stood transfixed, unable to move. Both watched, through bulging eyeballs, as an alien creature opened the spaceship’s hatch and climbed from its cockpit. Standing next to the brothers on the preacher’s barn’s roof, the spaceman spoke: “Is this Earth?”


Paul writes: Interesting thoughts, all of them are points on the celestial clock our solar system is, put there by man because we can’t have something undefined. You’re right in that there is no chapter breaks, but there are because we see it as today is summer, tomorrow is fall.

To me I think about them as “Periods” because it can take weeks for summer to transition into fall. Sometimes quicker, other times longer, but a period of time, not a defined point. As a child summer can shrink to an instant in time when you restart school.

Man defines points, the universe flows. As an engineer that designed computers for 35 years I think down to the femtosecond for changes in time, that’s one quadrillionth of a second. The physics of the universe fascinate me. As a man time shrinks and expands in my mind. For most of my life I could switch back and forth in an instant, but now I live mostly in the latter.

Than you for sharing your thoughts.

Stay safe and enjoy life.

Paul🐸

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954149-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-April-41519