*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955904-Baby-steps
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#955904 added April 6, 2019 at 7:28am
Restrictions: None
Baby steps
Little by little, I'm taking the steps in the right direction!

When my tax refund (such as it is) finally cleared this week, I kept a promise to myself and took out a subscription to Asimov's. I had one many years ago but was forced to let it lapse for the usual financial reasons. However, I want to get an idea of what they're buying story-wise and there's really only one way to do that. I have been over their guidelines and I believe that I can produce something they'd like with my "Lab" series. I've already started writing one of these, deciding it's more important to get the story rolling and then shape it with the proper research and characters later on. It's a world that will need a bit of developing.

I've been watching a lot of Neil Gaiman videos on writing; these seem to feed my desire to write even more strongly than Stephen King's writings on the subject. It's strange since I've been following King a lot longer, but I won't question it...I'll just run with it!

Now, to the day's business. The kitchen is in severe need of a deep cleaning...

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955904-Baby-steps