*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956676-MHWA-April-Week-3-Task-20---Strong-Person
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#956676 added April 20, 2019 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
MHWA April Week 3: Task 20 - Strong Person
"Invalid Item Task 20: Tell us about the strongest person you’ve known. What is it about that person that made you admire them so much? How do you carry their strength with you?

The strongest person I ever knew was my father's mother, Belva Darbe. She was Grandpa Darbe's second wife, and several years young. Grandpa Darbe was a farmer, who plowed his fields plow horse. After his first wife died, he married Grandma Belva and she added to his brood of children.

My Father is the child on the horse.

After Grandpa Darbe, Grandpa John, died Grandma Belva never remarried. In fact, Grandma Belva never upgraded her kitchen stove, or any other stove in her house. I can remember her cooking homemade bread in a cast iron stove with a wood fire. I don't remember seeing her chop up the logs for the fire, so I think some of her older children or step children did that for her. She lived in her own house, doing most of her own housework. She did live close to some of her sons and daughters, and she had a phone in the house.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956676-MHWA-April-Week-3-Task-20---Strong-Person