*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/957959-Mayday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#957959 added May 1, 2019 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Mayday
Hooray, hooray, the first of May!
Outdoor fucking begins today!


It's a new month, so it's a good time for me to get back to daily blogging. Maybe. (Pun intended, as always.) I'm participating once again in "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Crazy as it may sound, we are now officially 1/3 of the way through 2019. Write about some of your goals and plans for the remainder of the year. What are you looking forward to?

I'm wary of making goals. Or plans. When I inevitably don't fulfill them, I get even more wary next time.

I'll tell you what I'm looking forward to, though: warm weather. I'm pretty sure we'll get some of that. While my area was spared the recent unpleasantness that happened in some of the middle states, I got tired of the cold weather damn quickly.

In previous entries, I've outlined my dislike of the cold. "So, Waltz, why not just move?" Well, true, I could, but apart from a few months out of the year, I rather like it here in Virginia. I've been all over the country (except for Nebraska, Alaska and Michigan, none of which are in the top 40 candidates for states to move to anyway), and while I enjoy certain places, I'm happy to merely visit. Too much traffic most places, except for where there's nothing around, in which case there's nothing around. Here, there are nearby purveyors of fine alcoholic beverages, and I don't have to sit in traffic (or, more precisely, sit in a rideshare vehicle which is sitting in traffic) to get to them.

But that's not the question, is it? To misquote an entirely too popular catchphrase, summer is coming. And, for the most part, I intend to sit here on my deck and enjoy the utter lack of snow. Assuming, of course, we don't get a volcano, nuclear war, or meteor strike that blots out the sun.

Patient and sharp readers will have noticed an inconsistency here. I rant about cold weather, and then I rant about the accursed daystar. Well, I'm not required to be consistent. Self-contradiction only makes me more interesting, right? "I am large; I contain multitudes."

This is easily resolved, though: I only go outside to sit on the deck, which has a patio umbrella. I am within two feet of the door to my house at all times, and if the blasted fusion sphere starts to annoy me, I can go inside where it's properly air-conditioned.

Still, getting back to plans, I'm hoping to do a bit more traveling this year. Maybe go to Vegas in August or September. Almost certainly visit California in December, if it's still there. Apart from that? Stay warm for as long as I can, until the cycle turns again.

And write. Against all odds and expectations, I've been steadily participating in "I Write in 2019 [E]. Just 8 more months of that to go...

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/957959-Mayday