*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958609-Travel-is-Time-Moving
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958609 added May 9, 2019 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Travel is Time Moving
What is the farthest you've ever been from the place you call "home?"


owl for signature use The poetic quote that follows is from ZOE ATKINS (1886--1958) This poem is taken from the book: A Treasury of Great American Quotations.

So much do I love wandering,

So much I love the sea and sky,

That it will be a piteous thing

In one small grave to lie.
..


The farthest I ever traveled was to the Panama Canal Zone. There was an Airforce Base there. My first husband was stationed at the Airforce base. We lived in a one room apartment while I was there. It was a really great place to be. This was in the 1960's. I actually loved the climate. In the mornings there was a fish hawker who ran his hand pulled cart down the alley behind our apartment and cried fresh fish to each house as he moved along.

There was a small zoo. With the kind of animals you would expect to see in the jungles of Panama, parrots, monkeys, flamingos, etc.

I remember to get boat or car permits there was a long line of people waiting but, to grease the right palm with the proper amount of cash worked faster than waiting in line.

Panama city driving was a noisy affair. When the light turned red the cars stopped. Drivers began to honk their horns until the light changed to go again. It happened at every traffic light.

I've also lived in Florida, North Dakota, and Texas. I like to travel as long as I can stop and see the sights.

I have to count travel online with the 30-Day-Challenge because we have done some really in-depth traveling. I learn so much each place we traveled.

When we camped in Yellowstone, I learned about modern tents and camping equipment. How to take care of campgrounds and make reservations.

In Europe, I learned all kinds of things about different types of farming, different types of foods, and especially how the cities have become more modern since the devastating destruction of WWII.

Cyber travel in South America made me aware of the modern day problems of Countries below the borders of the USA. It also showed me how every day life down there can rise above a lot of the situations you hear on the news broadcasts in the USA.

Australia was a lot of fun. Such a beautiful country. I was always aware of environment when traveling there. I liked the zip line rides I rode while we were there.

If I ever travel again I will be well prepared. In each country, I spent time reading the local news each countries media posted online. It makes a lot of difference to get opinions, from the sources that experience the news, where it happens.

Travel for me is through time. I'm pretty sure in the last 40 some years since I was in Panama City the city itself has changed. I have been in touch with people who have been in Texas more recently and I know it has changed, more people, more cars. The same for Florida. Plus, parts of Florida is going through building renewal because of massive storms the last few years.

Merit Badge in Welcome
[Click For More Info]

Welcome to Writing.Com! There is a storm brewing here. Must be a big one because the wind is brisk today. I'm charging my kindles and phone, in case the electric goes out. Maybe it will just rain. Looking out my window the woods are turning green. Have a great day.


















© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958609-Travel-is-Time-Moving