*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958692-Fun-Facts-and-Celebration
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958692 added May 10, 2019 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
Fun Facts and Celebration
Fact! Today is 's birthday! *ConfettiB* *GiftR* Write something to celebrate the dedicated Head Judge of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge"


owl for signature use


Merit Badge in Celebration
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on completing your reading goals in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for May 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*! 

~Minja
*HotBalloon*

Since this is suppose to be Fun Fact Friday: I found some fun facts about Bananas.

Two references:
https://www.thefactsite.com/top-100-random-funny-facts/
www.Wikipedia.com

One of my relatives were warned not to eat bananas at one point in time so I decided to find out what I could.

1. a wart can be removed in about two weeks by running the inside of a banana peel onto it once a day.

2. The banana is an herb and a berry.

3. Bananas have a level of potassium which can lower your risk of stroke or heart attach. (according to a U.S. A. study)

4. Bananas have the K-40 isotope of potassium, which emits a naturally occurring small dose of radiation. You would have to eat about 400 a day in order to notice any damage. Other vegtables that do the same thing are Brazil nuts, potatoes, carrots, beer and some others. It's, a technicality since all foods and humans contain some isotopes with radiation as part of the makeup.

5. There are several biological classifications for bananas. One of them, Musa sapientune = is Latin for Muse of the wise.

6. Green bananas have a lot of starch which turns to sugar as the banana ripens.

7. The banana was first domesticated by farmers in southeast Asia and Papua New Guinea.

8. Bananas came to the Americas with Portuguese sailors.

9. Fiber from the plant is used to make paper and textiles.

10. Banana can be dried into chips, frozen to eat later, made into flour, and made into jelly.

Happy Birthday Suma1
*CakeB*

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958692-Fun-Facts-and-Celebration