*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958864-Motivational-Monday-The-Goldilocks-Zone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#958864 added May 13, 2019 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: The Goldilocks Zone
Kamál (Perfection), 16 Jamál (Beauty) 176 B.E. - Monday, May 13, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: Discuss the “Goldilocks Rule of Motivation” as described on the website below. “Human beings love challenges, but only if they are within the optimal zone of difficulty. Tasks that are significantly below your current abilities are boring. Tasks that are significantly beyond your current abilities are discouraging. But tasks that are right on the border of success and failure are incredibly motivating to our human brains.”


Monday Motivation

While the coffee brews,
chant the Most Great Name at dawn:
mental To Do List.

This article explains my problem with housework. I always put off the distasteful task, such as cleaning toilet or mopping the floor, until the absolutely had to be done. If I knew I was going to have visitors--which is why I prefer people to call before they come--I would clean the toilet and mop the floors. I didn't mind sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting as much as I disliked mopping. My problem with mopping was always streaky floors. Grandma Mary could mop a floor, with any type of mop, but I never could.

Right now,I'm in the middle of cleaning off my computer desk, which is unmotivating because I let it go so long. I'll get finished either today or tomorrow. I can't let it go any longer because I suspect there is stuff I need to call people about. I'm not lazy, the problem is the task is boring and doesn't motivate me. This brings me back to the article, which is right about the Goldilocks zone.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958864-Motivational-Monday-The-Goldilocks-Zone