*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958954-4-is-a-Hot-Issue
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958954 added May 14, 2019 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
4 is a Hot Issue
Discuss the “Four Burners Theory” as it is outlined in this website:

https://jamesclear.com/four-burners-theory

Which burner in your life burns the brightest? If you had to completely turn off one of your burners to be successful in the other three, which would you turn off?


owl for signature use


“Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas. They prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family. They listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. They tend to dislike conflict. Many have a horror of small talk, but enjoy deep discussions.”

― Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking



4


This is a very interesting idea. It seems like it is meant to trip up whoever reads it. Have you ever had the experience of being caught between two opposing ideas held by two different groups of people that you are involved with socially*QuestionP* If something like this happens to you more than once you get smarter quick.

I don't believe the 4 burner idea is more than a theory and probably an unworkable one at that.

The definitions of family and friends may overlap, Using words like ancestry, parentage, birth, background, and some one with whom you have a bond can describe both groups depending on, who you live with and who you habitually spend time with.

So, that leaves health, which is physical and mental and work, which is training and learning.

In some cases, you may be forced to withdraw from some people, if they have strange beliefs about your work and you continue to be involved in your work.

At this point the actual 4 burner theory starts to break down because it involves too much individual knowledge, pertaining to specific subjects and specific rules of living.

My guess is that's why it's a theory and not a reality. Theories are a scientific media that has to be tested by specific rules, in order to maintain relevance. You would have to test X amount of individuals and get stable results in order for it to leave the theory stage. Like me, many people would not turn off any of the burners. Others would turn off all the burners and then there would be the results that would vary so much you would not be able to work with the variables.

Life is a two way street. Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne Bye Ya All*ExclaimBr*



© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958954-4-is-a-Hot-Issue