*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959353-Happiness-and-Joy
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2189865
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
#959353 added May 20, 2019 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Happiness and Joy
Prompt: Are you a happy born-again Christian?

Do you hide your faith among friends, family, and co-workers? Or do you shine your light at the top of the hill? Is there any other way to be happy in Jesus except trusting and obeying him?


Do I hide my faith among friends? No. All of my friends are fellow Christians. When I did have a job I didn't hide it, but I didn't always make it known either. I'm not sure how well I "shine my light" but I'm not one to hide it.

As far as happiness goes, I think Christians need to be careful to understand the difference between happiness and joy. There's no guarantee that a Christian will be happy. Happiness is a fleeting emotion. Joy, on the other hand, is different. Joy is a sense of peace and rejoicing that Christians have, even in the midst of trouble and hardship. These days, I seem to have a shortage of happiness, but I've had more joy these last few months than I've perhaps ever had.

I know that in the midst of my sorrows, that God is with me. That he sent his Son to die for me, and that His grace is sufficient for me. That is joy.

It may not feel as care-free and exuberant, but it's long lasting and filled with hope and grace.

I don't need happiness, but I think I'd die without joy.



© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959353-Happiness-and-Joy