*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959354-Predestination
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2189865
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
#959354 added May 20, 2019 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Predestination
Do you believe in predestination?
Eph 1:5-6 "...having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise and glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." (NKJV)
Eph 1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.


For years I went to a church that did not believe in predestination. I didn't really question it, and therefore, I did not believe in it either.

However, I began to notice something very clearly laid out in the Bible, particularly in the book of Romans but scattered all over...even in the Old Testament. The Bible clearly speaks of predestination. In fact, the Bible makes it pretty clear that we humans are so sinful and so separated from God that it is impossible for us to seek Him. If we can't seek Him, how can we choose to say a prayer, inviting Him into our hearts? Speaking of which, the Bible never mentions inviting Him into our hearts. Not once.

Yes, I believe in predestination, because the Bible teaches it. I have begun the practice of underlining the words "chosen" "called" and "predestined" in my Bible. It's helped me to realize how much the Bible talks about this.

He chose me. I did not choose Him. I was too dirty.

© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959354-Predestination