*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959529-An-Issue-of-Wealth
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2189865
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
#959529 added May 24, 2019 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
An Issue of Wealth
Why does God gift some people with wealth?


God gives gifts to whoever he chooses, for His own reasons, to serve His purpose. I was not gifted with wealth, but I have other gifts. I do not think that financial security is a better gift than what I have received. I think that in many ways, wealth is a bigger burden than it is a gift.

I grew up in a poor home. I mean, we had money, but my stepdad was an alcoholic who spent all our money at the bar, and we had very little to get by on. My mom worked as a dishwasher at my school and made very little. Usually, that was all we had, and she was in charge of paying the house payment every month. I remember many nights going to bed hungry.

That sounds dismal, and many people would be angry over such a childhood, but to me, living that way taught me a lot about resourcefulness, and about appreciating the things that I have. I was blessed to grow up in such a way, though I would never intentionally put my own kids through that.

So, the short answer is, God gives wealth to some people and not others because He's God and He does what He wants. And He's always right.




© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959529-An-Issue-of-Wealth