*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959586-Will-You-Be-Ready-When-Jesus-Comes
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2189865
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
#959586 added May 25, 2019 at 4:28am
Restrictions: None
Will You Be Ready When Jesus Comes?
Will you be ready when Jesus comes?


I would love to answer an emphatic YES to this question, but there are a lot of things to consider before answering. If the question is asking whether or not I'm saved, and ready...that's a definite yes.

However, there's a reason the Bible stresses that we shouldn't become too comfortable here in our earthly bodies and homes. This place has a tendency to pull us in, get us too involved and attached. We have our hobbies, our friends, our plans and schedules, our jobs and wealth. Getting too involved with all of those trappings makes it hard to want to leave it all behind.

This is why daily time with the Lord is important. I'm back to it now, and though I know I will falter again, I know I can say with certainty that I am ready. My kids know the Lord, my husband knows the Lord. We're ready. I do have some unsaved loved ones, so I hope that they are saved in time. But all I can do is pray and minister to them when I can.

There are certain aspects of my life that make me pause when answering yes to this, ashamedly. My writing is one. My crafting another. I once spent a couple of hours pondering whether there would be yarn in heaven...how pathetic is that. Do you know what IS in heaven? Jesus.

And that should be enough for us all.


© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959586-Will-You-Be-Ready-When-Jesus-Comes