*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959975-June-1-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#959975 added June 1, 2019 at 8:07am
Restrictions: None
June 1, 2019
"June 1, 2019 Me in my Salvation Army uniformImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. Prompt: "What does Isaiah 6: 1-10 tell you?"

I recently had the privilege of laying hands on several ministers who were ordained by the National Association of Christian Ministers and praying for them. As the Coordinating Elder of NACM for the state of West Virginia it is my privilege to honor new ministers by confirming their calling in prayer. It is a humbling experience and one I definitely do not deserve. You see I know myself and I realize that I am a sinful man. I stand in constant need of grace and need these guys to pray for me, not vice versa. So the morning I was to pray for them I asked God why I was being given such a privilege? His answer was to read Isaiah 6: 1-10. I read it and meditated on it. The Lord was showing me that Isaiah was also a sinful man. I pondered on that and it hit me. God does not use us because we are qualified. He uses us because we are willing! We are all sinners. God saves sinners and then we depend on His grace to save us until the day of redemption. We will never be sin free while in the flesh. Grace is all we need. Are you willing to serve in spite of your sin?


Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month. What is your favorite fresh fruit? What is your favorite fresh vegetable? Do you have a recipe or recipes you would like to share containing these foods?"

My favorite fresh fruit is all of them. I have never met fresh fruit yet that I did not like. As a man raised in a rural setting I have raised a lot of gardens and worked plenty of orchards. I ate fresh fruit every year. My favorite recipe was to cut up all different kinds of fruits and mix them together. Add a little bit of sugar to make a syrup and then top it all off with a scoop of homemade whipped cream fresh from the cow! Now that is food!

Blog City image small "Creation Saturday --- A killer disease had reached epidemic proportions. Finally, the cure has been found — but it is even more terrifying than the disease itself. Have fun!"

This cure sounds like chemo! I know. I'm suppose to write a story but I don't have time right now. I will tell you that I had a girlfriend once who had MS. The treatment for MS was an excruciating shot that literally left a huge lump and muscle spasm at the injection site. She would be in pain for an hour after her "treatments". I have spent a lot of time rubbing her legs trying to get them functioning again after a shot. It was heartbreaking to me. I knew to either inject her or she would die. I hated it.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959975-June-1-2019