*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960215-Facebook
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#960215 added June 5, 2019 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
Facebook
It is amazing, this power of Facebook! My mother's day gift was a new patio set. Probably ten years ago I purchased a wrought iron set from a yard sale. It was used but worked well for my family. The seat seat cushions were cloth and very worn. One summer my then teen-aged son crashed through the glass tabletop. He was unhurt but the tabletop gave its life, so that he might live. We tried both acrylic and wood replacements, but the warped quickly from the weather. We made do!
Then the new one came and I was ecstatic but left with the dilemma of what to do with the old. I placed it by the trash with a free sign. For three weeks it sat untouched by either trash men or salvage souls passing by the road. Yesterday, I posted on Facebook that the table/set without tabletop or cushions was free to anyone interested. I called all people with ideas from Pinterest to work their magic. In the middle of a storm last night, we heard people loading it up and also removing an old lawnmower for parts we had added to the pile. There were two sets of people arguing about the free gifts. It was quite comical. Makes me want to throw more things out to the curb. I may end up with a clean house,yet.

© Copyright 2019 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960215-Facebook